PROJECT CORRECTIONS/TIME SPENT
I recreated my photodesign project which took a good hour and half, and worked about another half an hour on the Magazine cover to make the background more of a solid background. And other minor changes and tweaks that I saw along the way on other projects.
Design a portfolio that showcases all projects from my Visual Media course.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
I made corrections to my pieces that I wanted to have look better.
I came up with some ideas for the portfolio layout and started putting my ideas on the artboard in Indesign. I created the master pages first, and then added the basic text elements that needed to be included on most of the pages and then adjusted the amount of text space given based on how much was needed for each specific project. And placed the various projects on the corresponding pages based on my opinion of what I thought my best project were. Exported it as a PDF, and uploaded it to slideshare.net after a lot of technical issues with that website. I had to switch browsers and eventually had everything work out just great.
Katherine Randolph suggested using different background image than I initially wanted to use, and I chose to go with the brick background.
I want a professional way to showcase my design and photography work throughout this semester.
Potential client and employers.
TOP THING LEARNED
Having a definitive plan however temporary helps get ideas going, and helps you get a direction set.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complementary // Purple and Green
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Bree // Slab Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Factoria // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
Images and graphics are my own.
*I am not able to supply a video due to severe technical difficulties. I’m lucky I was able to get this posted at all.
So instead of doing the video, I can say that my favorite project was the infographic and the website and coding assignments. But I also really enjoyed the brochure just because I had it printed and have something tangible to hold from doing it. I realize the biggest help in doing design work is to start with a plan and have a message to be specific to a targeted audience. It helps in streamlining what it is I want to communicate and how to create that. I look forward to so many more projects like this in the future.